1.07.2015

McMullen Love Story: Our 4 Minute and 49 Second Ceremony!

My guest blogger is moving cross-country at the moment, so I told him that he could guest whenever he gets settled.
(It'll be good, promise!)
So where were we?
The ceremony! Can't believe we are already half done with the best day of my life.
After the first look, Beardy went back into the venue and got into place. Everyone else did too, except for my flower girls who wanted to take the elevator up with me. During my elevator ride the guests were listening to Somewhere Over The Rainbow by Isreal Kamakawiwo'ole. 
Everyone knows that I am a huge Backstreet Boys fan. So, because Beardy wasn't picky about the music, I got to have a Backstreet Boys song within the Prelude. Very 1990s of me, but it fit perfectly.
After my wedding party got to the stage it was time for me to make my grand entrance. I walked in to Marry Me by Train. There wasn't an "aisle" per se, but we made the best of it.
My dad and my brother walked me in. For months and months and months it was just going to be my brother, but a month before the wedding, my dad finally told me that he wanted to be included. He was never not included, I just thought he didn't want to do it. My dad and I have had a rocky relationship, right now we are good, but in the early 2000s, it wasn't that good. (A lot of people who read the blog can read more about it here.) At this point, I was laughing so hard because the door wasn't big for all three of us and my dress was so big that Joshua, my brother, had to jump over it to get in the door. (Can you tell that they are related?)
We don't have any pictures of Beardy getting a first look of me, but I can tell you it was good. The whole set up in the venue was screwy, so the pictures during the ceremony are a little non-traditional.
After a reading of These I Can Promise by Mark Twain:
I cannot promise you a life of sunshine;
I cannot promise you riches, wealth or gold;
I cannot promise you an easy pathway
That leads away from change or growing old.
But I can promise all my heart's devotion;
A smile to chase away your tears of sorrow.
A love that's true and ever growing;
A hand to hold in your's through each tomorrow.
It was time to do our vows! (I told you it went fast!!!) My goal was to make Beardy cry, but I didn't succeed. He did tell me after the fact that the funny line he put in was so he didn't cry.
Then it was my turn. My vows were sappy, I cried through the whole entire thing, and according to my step-father-in-law, there wasn't a dry eye in the house...except for Beardy. Then before we knew it.... we were Mr. and Mrs. Beardy! Yes, we did the dip. We practiced it for weeks. 
It was time to party! The ceremony felt like a whirlwind, so I am thankful that my step-father-in-law remembered to video it. (We didn't have a videographer.)
Before you knew it, it was official and it was time to get done with the wedding party pictures. 
Next week we will be chatting about the wedding pictures, my dress breaking, my dad having a hissy fit because we went "bar hopping" and our amazing food. OH! andddd Beardy made our wedding cake. Can't forget about that!
Beardy is taking over next week! Get ready to see the man behind the beard!
My question to you is: Did you have a super quick ceremony? Did you plan for it to be that fast?
BorrowedHeaven
Showered With Design


Photos by:

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, it sounds like you had a beautiful ceremony! I also love the kiss photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Black and Blue album - now that brings back some memories!! SO perfect for any 90s girl :) Your ceremony is so sweet and perfect! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure how long our ceremony actually was, but I know it felt *really* fast to us. It wasn't supposed to be super long, but I feel like it went by in the blink of an eye!

    I love the reading you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet ceremony! I love your kissing picture, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulation! You was a beautiful bride:)

    http://iwish-zuzi.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete