1.23.2015

I'm so Wifey'd up.

Again, because I have way too much time on my hands for my own good, I have been experimenting with recipes.

//The Biggest Loser Crock Pot Turkey Chili
I am a huge fan of easy Crock Pot meals. This one was very easy to make, I just cooked everything up, threw it in the Crock Pot and it was ready when we got home.
Scale: 3 out of 5 Beards

//Julia Child's White Sandwich Bread
One night when I was not feeling like stopping, getting out of my warm car, or turning off Lance Bass's radio show, I decided that I was going to try and make homemade bread. After making loaves every week for the past three weeks, I finally think I have mastered the recipe: more yeast! Beardy said all of the breads tasted fine, but I don't think they did. The first two recipes were too dense, they didn't rise nearly enough. The last recipe did have time to rise and it was shiny and looked like it was supposed to, but it's just not as good as it could be. Keep trying, I guess.
Scale: 5 out of 5 Beards
           3 out of 5 Beautys

//The Pioneer Woman's Spinach Artichoke Pasta
This was a win-win for both of us. Usually Beardy complains about food not having meat in it, but he didn't with this meal. I've made it twice now and the second time I added a dollop of cream cheese. I think it turned out more creamy...by far.
Scale: 4 out of 5 Beards

//Low-Carb Tortilla Soup
I am a huge fan of PopSugar. So when I found this soup, I was thrilled because it was easy to make and was low carb because Beardy is trying to cut out most of his carbs... I used canned chicken (because it was what I had) and it turned out very good. Beardy even said it was good cold!
Scale: 5 out of 5 Beards

Secret: Sometimes I suck as a wife. Like Thursday night. I was planning on making a fancy schmancy dinner from the Damn Delicious Blog. Yeah... I ended up buying a cardboard pizza. Oops. 



2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, we just found Damn Delicious are are OBSESSED!! The Pioneer Woman is a definite favorite, too. That spinach artichoke pasta sounds amazing, and everything is better with a little cream cheese :) Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete