1.05.2015

2014 Favorites | Makeup

2014 is over! It's that time of year again where people tell you what their favorite products are and what they would repurchase/or have repurchased in 2014. Most of my makeup favorites are the same. I am very boring when it comes to using new stuff. I buy the new products, but then always find myself using my tried and true products. But I will let you know if they are new products (which three are... so 50/50 isn't horrible right?)

REVLON COLORSTAY// This is my holy grail foundation. The coverage is full, the makeup stays in place (it doesn't lie about being 24 hour coverage!) And cough cough... this is a dupe for MUFE HD Foundation. I wore this the day of the wedding and I think it stayed in place all day. You be the judge! This was the last picture of the night.
Palette of Light
Besides my face being a little sweaty (stupid venue, not turning the air conditioning on until it was too late...) I still looked decent. My hair on the other hand... no.

NARS ORGASM BLUSH// I have used this blush for 6 years. I always giggled at the name, but this product is beyond amazing. It gives you just enough glow and color to make you look like...well, duh, that's why the name is... Orgasm. I have went through at least 3 or 4 last year alone.

CHANEL VOLUME MASCARA// This is a new product for me. I was fortunate to have one of my attorneys at the office go through her makeup and decide that she didn't need 2302930 things from ipsy... with that she gave me some of her other samps she didn't want... and this was one of them. This mascara makes your eyes look smoldering and sexy. It stays all day and doesn't flake off. It isn't waterproof, but I haven't noticed any problems with that yet.

TARTE AMAZONIAN LIP BUTTER IN PINK PEONY// This was a new product too! I bought this for my wedding and I fell in love. The color was a neutral shade, that was the exact color of my lips except just a little more pigmented. It was minty and didn't dry out my lips. The packaging is recycled and it's cruelty free!

URBAN DECAY NAKED (ORIGINAL)// LOVE. I own every single one of these palettes, but the first one is my favorite. My favorite eye to create is using:
Virgin -- Use this for your highlight, under your eyebrow and in the tear duct area.
Sin -- I have hit pan on this color. This goes all over your lid up to your brow bone.
Buck -- Put this in your crease and blend it out with a fluffy brush.
Toasted -- Then I put this in a 'V' shape on the outer corner of my lid.
If you want a tutorial of this look, I could possibly do that for you! Just let me know.

EOS LIP BALM IN SWEET MINT// I use this all time. It's the best lip balm I've used in a long time and even Beardy uses it! It smells great and I swear I'm not addicted to it.

In 2015 I want to step outside of my comfort zone and use my other NAKED palettes... hopefully I can achieve this goal! I just think neutral browns and goldens look better on me than neutral greys and pinks.
What is your favorite makeup items of 2014? Share them with me!



1 comment:

  1. Revlon Colorstay Foundation is my favorite! I'm always looking for something "better" just because, why not? But I always go back to Revlon Colorstay. I especially like that it comes in the normal/dry formula AND the combo/oily! So good for all skin types! And the color range is wonderful! LOVE. Also, I really, really like NARS in Orgasm, but have you tried the Deep Throat color? It's my new favorite NARS blush. LOVE.

    ReplyDelete