10.16.2014

McMullen Love Story: Rehearsal dinner

I should start blogging about the wedding. It's already been 2 months. My reason behind not blogging yet was because I wanted to make sure I had my wedding pictures before I started talking about everything. So lets start with the night before.

Friday day... everything could have went better. My nails got messed up and I literally thought this was a bad omen for the rest of the weekend. The nail salon wasn't nice either. The lady almost made me cry. But I digress...

After running to the florist to pick up my million bundles of baby's breath... Seriously we had like, three full water buckets full...
I finally went to the hotel with my stuff. When I got into the room I was so surprised. It was beautiful. It faced La Crosse's "skyline" (if you could call it that) and we were on the top floor.
The weather was perfect that evening. After obsessively stalking the weather, I was glad I didn't have to do the old wives tales I googled weeks before.
Here's our last picture as an unmarried couple. Beardy looks pained. My hair got so long.
I invited my maids back to the hotel room and we hung out the rest of the evening. My mom stayed around and gave everyone reflexology treatments. Then my photographers showed up. It had been 5 years since I had seen them.
My heart was so happy that night. We spent the night talking about essential oils, tomorrow, and other things. It was probably the most relaxed I was that weekend.
After everyone left at 1130? Midnight? I can't remember. But after watching the wedding episode of FRIENDS on our local network (weird right?!) and then finally going to sleep....(I think I got a total of 3 hours) my big day was finally here. I was going to be Mrs. Beardy!!!
Then the real fun began. I really can't complain about how everything turned out, but I should have known that it wasn't going to be perfect!
Next is...getting ready and what felt like a very relaxing morning... that turned into a rush to get to the venue!
Wedding Wednesday

4 comments:

  1. weddings are the best, aren't they? I wish I could relive mine!
    coffeebeansandbobbypins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeee! I love weddings; can't wait to see more! Also, it's hilarious that you're sitting in the passenger's seat with a bucket of baby's breath on your lap. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It took me a while to finally start sharing my wedding details. It's so much more fun to re-live the details a few months later. I can't wait to see more :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crazy that the Friends episode was on the night before! Sounds like a lovely evening - bummer about your nails, though! Can't wait to read more (stopping over from the link-up!) :)

    ReplyDelete