9.23.2014

Moral of the story: Being afraid of heights can get you really good seats.

I said when I came back I would tell you the story about how the Twin Cities Backstreet Boys show turned out.

Today is the day.

Everyone knows how obsessed I am with the Backstreet Boys. I mean, I really like them. Like, a lot. See here and here.

I bought tickets to the Backstreet Boys "In a World Like This" tour in April. It was my "oh geez, you actually graduated" present to myself.

When you're road tripping to a concert, you obviously have to write on your windows.
We also ended up putting "Honk if you love BSB" on the windows too. People honked. BSB still has it.
When we went to wait in line to get in, I saw a man who was interviewing people that were at the show. Shelby and I swore that we heard him say the best story gets backstage passes. So right when he was putting stuff away, I ran over there and told him that I heard that he asked a couple if they would change their wedding song to a Backstreet Boys song. I lied to the guy and told him that Beardy and I decided on "I Want It That Way" for our wedding song. It literally was the first song that popped into my head. Obviously, we didn't have a BSB song as our wedding song, but I did fit two songs of theirs in during the course of the wedding day...but don't tell the dude. Also, he wasn't giving away backstage passes.

When I ordered tickets, the website had a little virtual tour that you could look at where your seats were. I went with the almost cheapest seats. The virtual tour made it look like it was totally do-able to get to them.

Yeah. No.

Shelby went down to the seats, which were in the first row of the tippy tippy top of the venue. Like, so high up, I felt like I was going to pass out. I felt like such a bitch at this time but I called to Shelby and told her that I wasn't going to be able to walk down to the seats. My fear of heights had kicked in. Frantically, I told the nice man who was letting everyone in that I couldn't make it to my seat and that I needed to talk to someone ASAP to see if I could get a different seat. He told me to find Martha (not her real name, but whatevs) and ask her. Shelby and I immediately found her and she asked for our tickets. She went behind a desk and pulled out two new tickets and said "this is the best I can do." Shelby and I look at our tickets and realize that we have to go downstairs. To the 100 level. We started freaking out.

Our seats were 15 rows from the side of the stage.
FIFTEEN ROWS.

The rest of the night was a complete blur. Avril didn't suck and this show was literally the best show I had ever been to. I cried way too many times to count and could kick myself for not running down to the front to hug AJ at the end of the show.
At the beginning of the show Nick said he wanted everyone to scream and dance like it was 1999. So I did just that. I had no voice at the end of the show. This 2014 show seriously trumped that 1999 show.

2 comments:

  1. This must've been such a fun concert - so glad everything worked out with the seating!!

    Hope you'll enter my L'Occitane giveaway: http://withlovefromkat.com/fall-beauty-must-haves-with-loccitane-divine-body-oil-cream-collection/

    xo Kat
    www.withlovefromkat.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were my first ever concert (in 2010, i was 23) and it was SOOOO worth the wait. By the end of the show, when they were bowing and waving goodbye I just kept screaming "I LOVE YOU BRIAN! BRIAN, I LOVE YOU!"
    They'll always be the best ( i mean, number one selling boy band OF ALL TIME)
    Great post!

    Martina
    asplashofmimosa.com

    ReplyDelete