8.07.2013

Wedding Wednesday: Ring envy...

Another Wedding Wednesday post? ikno,ikno...
All my single readers are tired of these posts.
Actually, the wedding is all I seem to be writing about these days so I don't blame you single gals for not reading...
Anywhoodle.
Engagement rings. Let's talk about it.
My engagment ring was picked out by Beardy by himself (and a friend) I had no say in my ring choice nor did I know he was proposing.
He did good. Real good.

 It's simple and different. But guess what? It's not even close to being a full karat.
Do I care? Nope. Not even the slightest.
You know why?
 
Because it is what love is behind the ring that matters.
On pinterest, it seems to be the trend to pin $8,000 dollar rings.
Why the hell would you want something that costs as much as a new/used car?
Tell me that.
So what if the ring isn't as big as your fist. Beardy ain't no Lamar Odom.
So what if it comes from GASP not Tiffany. (Mine sure as hell isn't.)
So what if it isn't a real diamond. (Mine is, but other stones are equally popular now days...)
 
I don't know about you, but I would rather have a ring that turned my hand green then something that I made Beardy go broke for.
 
So what is the facination with having a huge engagement ring? If that is all you are worried about is how big the rock is, something is terribly wrong with you.
And maybe you shouldn't get married.
 
Obviously this is MY opinion, but after seeing some of the rocks posted on pinterest, I couldn't help but wonder where some brides or soon-to-be brides hearts are really at.
 
Oh, btw, it still feels equally amazing being engaged to a man who loves you that got you a less than $1000.00 ring.
 
Over and out.
 
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

4 comments:

  1. Great post.
    Honesty- and you are right. It doesn't matter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to admit this but i've got one of those rings your talking about, I even felt bad telling my mom the price range it fell into. BUT Brandon did pick it out himself, I had no input. Do I love my ring, yes its very unique. Do I feel bad he spent the amount of money he did, yes. But it was his choice. I always make sure to tell people after they've looked at it that he did it all on his own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ring is gorgeous!! And, he picked it out himself which is awesome. I don't have HUGE ring, but my center stone is 1 karat and the ring itself is really cool (I think) and unique. We spent what we could afford and didn't go broke buying it. THAT is what matters. Weddings cost so much as it is. The only thing that matters is that YOU love your ring. I actually have a lot of friends who don't wear their wedding rings, either because after all these years it bothers their fingers, the stone is just so big it snags on everything.. and other reasons. Enjoy your sweet little ring, it's perfect for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete