6.10.2013

Engagement Monday.

I made that title up. Sue me. It's a Monday.
Everyone in the blog world has been getting engaged or having babies and I realized I never posted my engagement story for my new readers. I'm engaged! (okay, for four years.)  

Everyone knows I met Beardy while I was home from school. (At the time I was living in CA.) 5 months after we met, I moved home and straight in with him. 

Dumb move right? I mean, I wasn't one of those people to pick up my life and move in with a boy. Good thing it worked out!!

In May, 8 months to the day after we started dating, we jetted off to Vegas for a meetup with his friends.

We spent the day sitting by the pool and soaking up the sun and seeing the sights. 


Vegas is a blast. Especially the fact you can drink on the streets? Fine by me. 

That night, Beardy wanted to go see the Eiffel tower. I am obsessed with Paris, I was a fashion student at the time, I mean, why wouldn't I be?

We got ready and left for Paris. 

Beardy said that he forgot his wallet in the room before we left the hotel, which made me feel suspicious. He never forgot his wallet. 

After frisking him trying to feel for a ring, I realized that I was probably overreacting. We had been together for 8 months and had talked about marriage, but I never thought he would actually propose! 

We took our shuttle to the strip and bought our tickets. I kept asking if he had anything in his pockets and he kept saying he didn't. 

Now, I tell you right now, the Eiffel tower is fricken high. Pretty much thought I was going to die. I hate heights. HATTTE. 

Getting to the top of the tower was pretty much one of the most freaky things ever. Beardy begged me to come out on the deck to "see the view." In hindsight, I wonder what he would have done if I refused... 


After telling me how beautiful and how much he loved me he said "I want to spend the rest of my life with you." ...and pulled out the ring. As soon as he said "Will you marry me?" I fell to my knees, so obviously, he didn't get on his. I obviously said yes. 

Thank God there was a lady that was eavesdropping and offered to take a picture because I would have never thought of it. 


This is in a different color because, well, we are sunburned. BAD. 

Pretty much was the best vacation ever. 



Now, four years later, we are finally planning the wedding and we are finally tying the knot next year! Talk about the 5 year Engagement, right?!

And there is my engagement story. Romantic. 
Do you have a good engagement story? Or one that you hope happens? 
I think Beardy did good, right? 

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet story!!! Congratulations (a little late, I know xo)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, it's so romantic! I love hearing engagement stories and how-we-met stories. It's usually one of the first things I ask all the couples I work with. Beardy did real good. :)

    ReplyDelete