1.04.2013

Engaged for 4, dating for 5. RANT

"OMIGAH PRETTY RING WHEN'S THE WEDDING!?"

The face that comes after that from the person asking about the wedding is tragic. Its a mix between that face Aidan's ex makes to Carrie in the bathroom....and "oh you poor girl".

I tell them I haven't set a date and that I have been engaged for 4 years. 


I get that I have been engaged for a long time. You don't need to point that out. I get it. But do you want to know a secret?
I have planned my wedding three times. 
Once for September of 2009, once for July of 2010 and once for May of 2011.

So what has stopped me?


Money.

My family isn't funding a penny for my wedding day. I have come to accept it.
I will be DIYing most of the wedding and my family may end up making everything for the dinner.

Now I know what you're thinking and what usually is the next sentence of anyone who has asked me this.

"You're never going to have money, so why not just go to the courthouse?" 

And to that I say... 


If I wanted to go to the courthouse, I would have already. Thanks. Why haven't I?
Reasons:
1. I want the white dress...and it probably will be from D.Bridal, not runway.
2. I want him to see me for the first time and tear up. (IT WILL HAPPEN, BEARDY.)
3. I want to have the vows in front of family and friends...in a church.

So that means...waiting until I actually have the funds...if that means waiting until everyone one I know is engaged and married before me, its fine. 

If that means I have to see that face again....so be it.
Because I am going to have my fairytale wedding and I don't care how long I have to wait. It feels like we are already married, the only thing I don't have is his last name. 

Over and out,


Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

7 comments:

  1. I personally like this rant. :) Not married, never been engaged, but to me you should do whatever the hell makes you happy. And if you are doing that now by waiting for your dream day then to hell with that face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You keep going. It is better to save and wait for what you want then settle. I'm not engaged yet but people think it's ok to ask all of the time when we might settle down. Found you via the New Year New Friend hop & following x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's yours and you should decide on it! Heck anyone who gives you that face !:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's your life and no one should have a say at how you are going to live it!!! Love this =0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's your life, live it how you see. People will ALWAYS be judgmental about something!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think being engaged means making a promise to get married. One day. Don't let anyone tell you what you should do and when! I am pretty sure if I ever plan to get married I want to do it MY way. Big wedding, small wedding, whatever you want, save your money and make your dream come true. Even with statistics and stuff, I believe that this is a once-in-a-lifetime event!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww! I agree with Jenny...just because you're engaged, it doesn't mean you have to do it during a certain time period. It's a promise, it's a plan...and that's exactly what you're doing!!!

    You may your special day absolutely perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete