9.10.2012

write love on your arms. in my case, i tattooed it.

Today is National Suicide Prevention day. So, in honor of that, I want to talk to you about Suicide. 
Here's my wrist.


That is tattooed on me. Why? Well, I used to be suicidal. I am not proud of that but I am proud of the fact that I overcame that. 

My biggest reason I overcame that? Well the first time?
yes, there was more than one time...
My family. Oh, and AJ Mclean.

The second time? 
Beardy. My hubby. My main squeeze. 

So take a minute and write a small love on your wrist. You don't have to tattoo it permanently. Think about what that means. 

If you need help with depression or suicide call 1-800-273-8255.

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

9 comments:

  1. I'm seriously thinking about getting love tattooed somewhere on my arm.. I to have been suicidal and it is not something that is easy to overcome. I have gone back and forth with it myself. It's not something I'm proud of either.. But it it honestly one of the hardest things to control.

    If you ever need to talk about things I'm always here! Thank you for linking up on my blog today! xx

    Katlyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing and being brave!

    Brittany Michelle
    blog.thesapphirebee.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your tatt! You are a brave person for sharing your story! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Liz, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also have the word Love tattooed on my wrist :)It was my very first tattoo at 18.

    http://www.jessiswonderland.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I stumbled upon your blog and what a moving post I happened upon. I lost a dear, close friend of mine in 2007 to suicide and it has forever changed me. You are amazing and brave for sharing and overcoming. Happy to be following along in blogland!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your tattoo and the story behind. I love how you're using your past to help other's futures...so inspirational!

    New follower via the gfc blog hop :)

    Brittany
    secondhandsolace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this. I agree with the simple four letter word, LOVE. It can save lives.
    I am a new follower via the blog hop, come follow along http://sjdmiller.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete