9.05.2012

Perspective.


Life has been far from easy for me lately, you have probably thought "Debbie Downer" when I tweet on twitter. 

So I quit my job at the salon. I needed to work on myself and focus on ME for once. I was not happy there. This is when my freak out starts about what I just did. I did it for ME but now I don't have a steady income coming in. I was already struggling with money...but mentally, I had to do it.

Last night I couldn't help but wonder....about perspective

You may have it bad, but there is always someone that has it worse. Always. I was thinking about how great that some people have it. 

A lady I know gets to stay at home and not work. She has retired from nannying at the age of 32. Her husband can afford to support her. Nice right? She is staying home to try and work on getting pregnant. Her and her husband have been trying for years. Still no baby. My heart hurts for her because all she wants is to be a mom. 

Another woman I know has a great family, life and job. It looks like Mrs. Cleaver blew up in her house. Underneath? She has a son that is autistic and it took years to understand what he had. 

A family that I have recently got to know a little better seems to have a great life. Her and her husband wrote a book used in the academic world. At home, they struggle with their two children being sick with a immune disorder and the youngest is on the autism spectrum. 

Perspective.

Everyone may look like they have a seemly perfect life, but underneath, they struggle as much as you. 

Think about the perspective. I need to keep reminding myself of that.
 

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

3 comments:

  1. I've been at jobs like that before. It's so hard, but I understand why you had to quit. I wish you the best and hope you find another job where you love it. It took me almost a full year of being unemployed before finding a job that I loved. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) I really appreciate the support.

      Delete
  2. I did the same thing when I quit working for a salon. I really didn't enjoy it and had a boss who treated me awful, but was trying to stay to finish my hairdressing apprenticeship and ensure I had income. One day it all became too much so I quit and left that same day.

    After a years break I went back and finished my apprenticeship but still don't work as a hairdresser. As scary as it is, it all works out and sometimes you have to put your mental health before your financial health!

    ReplyDelete