9.19.2012

DIY Beauty!


 I am sosososo excited to be doing this with these lovely ladies!
I am a huge makeup person, but with all my spackling of makeup, comes problem skin. I have been on a tight budget lately, so I went to my cupboard. 

Today I am going to show you what I have been loving for my skin!
(Disclaimer: patch test these products on your arm just in case you are allergic!)

Have you ran out of your Clinique Toner? Dilemma right? WRONG! 

All you have to do is store it in your fridge and shake it up when you're ready to use! (I used unfiltered vinegar for my concoction!) 

Why does it work? 
Because ACV has lactic acid in it. It has antibacterial properties too. (weird right?!) 

Everyone on twitter (@elizalouisebell, fyi) has been talking about those pumpkin lattes from Starbucks this week...so I thought I would try a pumpkin mask. 

Mix it up until smooth and put in on your face for 15 minutes. Wash with warm water!
Use the rest of the pumpkin puree to make some pie! (Really, it's fall. Yum.) 

Why does it work?

Pumpkin is full of antioxidants and vitamins!! It will leave your skin soft and feeling much more refreshed!

Now this one is for acne prone skin, so listen up if you have those pesky pimples! 
Bananas are one of the best things ever for acne prone skin, so when I found this recipe, I made sure my friends tried it. (I don't have acne prone skin.)

Smoosh the banana until pretty smooth and add the lemon juice and blend until creamy. Put it on your face for up to 15 minutes. Wash off with warm water.

Why does it work?
Bananas have tryptophan in them which is an amino acid and great for your skin!! 

I hope you try all of these and also start thinking about what you can put on your face that can help your skin!

Do you have any secret recipes for your face?



8 comments:

  1. Love these secrets! I'm definitely on a budget when it comes to makeup/face treatments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get out of town with that toner! I'm so intrigued and neeeeeed to try it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the PS mask idea. You rock, lady.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So interesting! I'll have to try some of these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is PHEN.OM.ENAL.

    Yay for a successful day 3 of beauty week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need to try this out!
    new follower here =)
    I have a natural face mask that I really like. I have the post in my blog in case you want to check it out

    =) dailylivingingeneva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. also, drink ACV and green tea for a weight loss booster!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are some great, natural ideas for skin care! I'd never heard that bananas were good for acne-prone skin, I'll have to try them sometime!

    ReplyDelete