8.14.2012

Paddle Boating {oooh}

Uncle Larry turned 62 at the end of last month. He had been wanting to do something special for his birthday, so today we did it. What did we do you you ask? Well, him and my beardy swam across Devil's Lake in Baraboo, Wisconsin. Yep. Swam across this. It's about a mile and a half.

My auntie and I followed close behind in a paddle boat. Much like this boat that Patrick and Kat paddled in 10 Things I Hate About You... 

via
Let me tell you. That bish is hard to paddle. WERK.
I will be needing a massage tomorrow.


They both made it across. In about two hours!! Talk about determination! Here's beardy and I before.....and beardy after.

Side note: This was on the back of the bathroom stall door at a rest stop today...


...is this a sign? 

Have you ever did something crazy like swim across a lake?

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up at the GFC Blog Hop!! It's the highlight of my week, seeing everyone's amazing blogs!!

    Melissa @ The Life of a Not So Ordinary Wife

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on the big swim! that is impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from the blog hop--you have a really cute blog here. I joined on your GFC but it appears under the name Marcia Doyle. Hopefully you'll get a chance to come visit me at http://Menopausalmother.blogspot.com Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl! I'm stopping by from the blog hop. I'm one of the co-hosts! Thanks for linking up!

    Looking forward to getting to know you better! :)

    -Alexis
    www.livingthewifestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting from the blog hop! Cute blog! And can I just say that I LOVE the movie 10 Things I Hate About You?! Great one!

    ReplyDelete