8.06.2012

coulda, woulda, shoulda...

Are there things you wish you would have done in your life or changed? Life is weird like that. You think that its the hardest it's been and then when looking back on it, it really wasn't was it?

Open letters to my past:

Maybe if I wasn't so nice to befriend your girlfriend, we would have went out. 

Maybe if you would have told me that HIS name was actually HER name, we would still be friends. I mean, if you heard that your friend Evan was coming up to hang out with you, you would assume it was a boy too, right?!

Maybe if we didn't jump into rooming together, I would have stayed for another semester. 

Maybe if you didn't pay attention to me, we would have not dated. Then I wouldn't have lost a friend. 

Maybe if I would have not lied to my best friend about getting lip gloss when in all actuality I was getting drunk, you wouldn't have cheated on your girlfriend with me. 

Maybe I should have seen through your "want to bang all freshman" demeanor. I mean, really, way to hook up with my roommate...

Maybe if I wouldn't have accidentally sent a text saying how much I liked you to you,  I wouldn't have scared you off.

Maybe "Stormy Weather" was a bad choice to sing for the recital. I didn't know you were going to be there. No, it wasn't about you. Okay, maybe... 

Maybe if I would have applied to more colleges, none of this would have happened and I would never been there. 

You can't change the past, you learn from it. 
Coulda, woulda, shoulda...

Have you learned from your past?

oh PS: I meant to post this today, not yesterday, completely thought it was Monday all day yesterday... it wasn't. Linking up with Lipgloss and Crayons today!

stillbeingmolly



Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

5 comments:

  1. Can I just copy this? ha soo many things came to mind while reading this. Love you always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. as horrible as some things seem, i feel like there is always a reason...we just don't always get to see the reason right away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog :) So are you from WI or MN (or neither)? :) I'm from WI and live in MN now... so whenever I see Wisconsin I sorta perk up :)

    XO
    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am! Wisconsin born! I live near the Mississippi River!!!

      Delete