7.26.2012

If you really knew me...

This post has been going all around the blogsphere, so I figured because of all my new readers (!!!) I would do it too! So here we go.


++ If you really knew me...you would know that I lived in San Francisco for a very brief time for school, before I met my Beardy at a wedding I flew back for.

++ If you really knew me...you would know that all my tattoos have meanings, well most of them. I have birds behind my ear I got because they were cute. (My best friend has the same one in the same spot.)

++ If you really knew me...you would know that the reason I started blogging was because I saw a man in San Francisco begging for money and he had a dog. It broke my heart. I don't have that post anymore though.

++ If you really knew me...you would know that AJ from the Backstreet Boys saved my life...I have never met him, but in a way, he is the reason I am still alive today...and that's all I am saying about that.

++ If you really knew me...you would know that I have a pillow pet named Stilts...and that I have a blanket I sleep with every night.


++ If you really knew me...you would know that I am clinically depressed and I am on meds for it. So, if I am ever on twitter and being a Debby Downer, I promise it will pass.

++ If you really knew me...you would know that I got engaged after 8 months of being with Beardy. Three of those months were spent long distance.

++ If you really knew me...you would know that all I want is to be accepted.

++ If you really knew me...you would know that I sob through the end of Now and Then and fast forward through the death scene of Mufasa on Lion King.

++ If you really knew me...you would know the best day of my life was November 3, 1999. It was the day that I went and saw Backstreet Boys live during their Millennium tour. Kevin pointed at me and whispered something to AJ. My mom and my aunt "raised the roof" and we saw their tour bus drive right next to our car...a close second was the night I was proposed to. :)

++ If you really knew me...you would know I am sick of hearing "when is the big day..." and "how's the wedding planning going?" We have been engaged for 3 1/2 years. It will be probably another 2 or 3. We can't afford a wedding.

++ If you really knew me...you would know I have been in school for 6 almost 7 years, been to 4 schools and 3 states. I still haven't obtained one degree. 

I want to thank all of my newest followers (and old followers) for reading. I never in a million years thought anyone would read this blog.

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

27 comments:

  1. I did one of these posts today, too. I really LOVE reading other's, especially yours. So many things I can relate to. I get Debbie downer on Twitter occasionally, too. Anxiety, woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I read yours this morning! Anxiety is the pits, isn't it!?

      Delete
  2. I love this post. I love you for being so honest and so candid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so hard!! I always have to please people and pretend everything is great! :)

      Delete
  3. I've been wandering around on new blogs today and found yours in the midst.

    I love this post! It made my day :)

    p.s. You are not alone in your depression, or in fast-forwarding death scenes (even if they are cartoons).

    Nicole
    http://settleinn.blogspot.com/
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Coleandco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I fast forward through most death scenes...lol...or the end of the Notebook...yep.

      Delete
  4. Hi, I'm your newest follower from GFC Blog Hop on the Life of a Not So Ordinary Wife. I hope you can stop by and follow me back. http://TodaywiththeTennerys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the follow! I reallly appreciate it.

      Delete
  5. Love me some BSB!!
    I also sleep with a blankey ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm your newest follower and am a Wisco girl as well! So nice to learn a bit about you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where in Wiscon!? ahh. I love meeting new Wisconsin bloggers!!!!

      Delete
  7. I just found you through Lipgloss & Crayons. Your blog is adorable!
    I have to sleep with a blanket too, I just upgraded mine. My boyfriend makes terrible fun of me for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get made fun of it too, but I cannot get rid of it! Its like..a part of me.

      Delete
  8. Great post, I haven't seen this one before. Its great way to learn about the writer! I'm following you from the gfc hop!

    http://thelacquerfactor.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I love sharing tidbits of myself!

      Delete
  9. i love this post! i actually met aj from the backstreet boys my senior year of high school at a starbucks in la :)

    xo brie
    www.sophistifunkblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are the 5th or 6th blogger that said they met him! I need to be in the right place at the right time! Was he nice? I feel like he'd be a nice person IRL.

      I legit would die if I met him.

      Delete
  10. thanks for sharing some silly things and some serious! i love to know im amongst other teeny-boppers! I was a big NSYNC fan tho, can we still be friends!? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmmm...I don't know! I am a huuuuge BSB fan and hated NSYNC...haha I guess I can look past it. ;)

      Delete
  11. Loved this post :) I knew MOST of this and I promise I'll wait for YOU to tell ME when the wedding is :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post! I love your blog and I'm your newest follower! hope you can check me out as well! : )

    http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute post! Also love your blog name.

    I'd love for you to check out my blog also & if you like it, please follow! classicglamblog.blogspot.com

    Happy Thursday!
    xo CGB

    ReplyDelete
  14. I got engaged to my husband only after 3 months of dating!


    Drop by nichollvincent.blogspot.com and say hello! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute stuffed animal and great post!

    mylifeinwords88.wordpress.com :)

    ReplyDelete