5.23.2012

May Gossip Girl Birchbox


 I am going to do something new this time with BB. I will be adding up all my samples this month. If you don't know what Birchbox is, it is a monthly service where you get 4-6 samples (some are full size) ranging from beauty to lifestyle products. 

  1.  Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Beauty Balm SPF 25+ value $1.92
  2. Color Club® Foil Collection value $2.00
  3. Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm value $9.28
  4. Ojon volume advance™ Volumizing Shampoo value $1.36
  5. Bonus item: XOXO notecard and hot pink envelope value $.83
 Total: $15.39

I was very excited to try the BB Cream, but all together I wasn't that impressed. I guess because of the Teen Vogue box a few months ago, I thought I was going to get full size products. I also thought they were very inconsistent with the number of products in the box. I got 4 samples and a bonus and some people got 6 samples (one being full sized.)
Lots of people were getting rid of their box this month, but I don't give up that quickly. I love BB and always will. I know Glossybox, Beauty Army and all those other sub boxes are coming out, but Birchbox still is my number one. I don't have $21.00 to shell out every month for basically the same thing that BB offers. 

What did you get in your box? Have you given up on Birchbox or do you still love them? 

xoxo, 
GG

8 comments:

  1. I got a full size fresh lip balm which was soon worth it! Everything else was ehhh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't get birchbox yet, but I would really love to. Do you think it's worth it even though they're inconsistent sometimes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them still! I got the same as you. Sometimes I get super awesome things, sometimes I'm not impressed, but I refuse to give up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to sign up (and almost have a million times) but I read too many "eh" reviews like this and I'm worried I'll just have a drawer full of crap I never use. What do you do with all of it? I feel like I'd have to make myself try it all, just to get my money's worth. And some of it...I just wouldn't want to try (for instance, I loathe nail sticker polish things...can't do it).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I signed up and felt very "eh"... the only good one I got was the BB cream, and that was like so effing small I didn't get much use out of it. I really was hoping for a full size item for my first Birchbox. Oh well... we'll see about next month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your blog is AWESOME!! found you via the blog hop... would you be interested in button swapping with me? just let me know if you're interested!

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice idea.. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would have killed for that nail polish. My box for May was pretty bleh. We're on a pretty tight budget right now but when we're not I'll probably renew (May was #6 of my 6 months!)

    ReplyDelete