5.28.2012

Lessons Learned From The OC (volume uno)


The OC was my go to show during my teen years. I literally planned my life around Thursday nights. Driving back from Florida, I insisted my mom stop in a podunk town in Georgia so I could catch The OC. Consquently, that was the best hotel we ever stayed at and had the whole outdoor pool to ourselves that night. On my 17th birthday I made sure my dinner was cut short so I could go watch the Season 3 finale...where Marissa died. 

Lesson 1: To get the girl, you need to stand on a coffee stand and proclaim your love to her.


Lesson 2: Date guys that are taller than you (ahem, Marissa...)
Lesson 3: Never bring a gun to a party, you will get shot.
Lesson 4: Christmukkah is a word and a holiday.


Lesson 5:  Trucker hats were never really in.


Did you ever watch The OC?

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE the OC! I used to watch it every week, too! Greatest show ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obsessed. I have all the DVDs and sometimes when I'm bored start a marathon. And.... I cried like a baby when it ended.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was done in May and I remember getting my hair done at the salon, going to the store and getting a bag of Dove Chocolates and eating the whole bag and sobbing when it was over.

      Delete
  3. Yogilates is also a word. And they teach it in my town! Ha. I should so sign up. I never watched the OC when it was on TV, but my sister got me hooked on the DVDs when I started college. I hate Marissa. I was glad when she died. And I liked the fourth season. A lot. Which no one else seems to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg. That episode with yogilates was hillar. Esp because Ryan was intentionally funny. :) I loved season 4 because of Taylor and Ryan. But omg, I cried for a least 2 hours after Marissa died. I felt like these people were my friends!!! ha

      Delete
  4. Omg I am so obsessed with The OC! My roommate and I watched all 4 seasons in a little over 2 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YESSSSSS i was obsessed with the OC! i literally bawled when it ended. i still have a major crush on adam brody

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! I loved this show! So sad it ended...

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! I love this blog! My bff and I used to watch this every night together and I was so sad that it went off the air. I learned how to 'schmear' a bagel thanks to sandy cohen. :) Also I am from WI, your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete