5.14.2012

But...but... I used to be a crazy boy band fan!

Back in the day, I was obsessed with the Backstreet Boys. Obsessed. I recorded every single BSB thing on VHS tapes (yep, I am that old...) a whole summer I wrote every BSB member's name on my hand... I cried every time a fan would meet them and it wasn't me...

Fast forward to 2012. I still follow the band on twitter and lately they have been tweeting that they will follow some fans if you hash tag things...

So, I have been. But I have realized something....the people that they follow are the people with @briansGuRL, @Backstreet4EVER or @BSBblahblah in their name...this hurts my feelings. I am now almost 25 years old and still fan-girl to "I Want It That Way" when it comes on 90s on 9 but I won't go as far as putting BSB in my twitter handle. I am not that crazy fan I was in 1999. 

So does that mean that I will never get the Backstreet Boys to follow me? Or most importantly, AJ?

*sigh* 


3 comments:

  1. hahaha oh my gosh. i used to be a big boy band fan, however, i might be slightly embarrassed for other people who have boy band names in their twitter handle. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, so funny. So there are still girls that are completely obsessed with them in 2012?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OBSESSED. As in talking to them like they are BFFs.

      Delete