3.20.2012

DIY Studded Crossbody Bag!

For the past couple months I have been looking for a cute studded crossbody bag...I found nothing! (Okay, not nothing...but everything I wanted was by a certain designer that I cannot afford...ahem Marc Jacobs....ahem!) 

I found a crossbody purse at Goodwill from the 1980s for 3.00 and decided I would make my own. The things you will need for this DIY is: 
  • Pyramid Studs--I got mine on Etsy here.
  • X-acto Knife--found at Michael's
  • Black crossbody purse
  • pliers (optional) but your hands will thank you.

 Step one: Take the x-acto knife and make two little slits that line up with the prongs on the studs. Fold the stud prongs under with the pliers. (Kind of like brads you used in grade school)


Step two: Repeat it until your hands fall off. Stop. 


It doesn't have to be perfect...I really tried to make them perfect, it wasn't successful...but they look pretty good still....yeah?

Instagram image-sneek peak!  


This is almost the finished product. I did 4 rows when it was all said and done. 


The finished product!! For being a pretty DIY project, I was very happy with the results. Literally cost me $8.00 to make. Faboosh.

3 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea! I love that it's super cheap and love a good DIY project. Thanks for sharing :)

    Xo,
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol "Repeat it until your hands fall off. Stop."

    Listen to Mama Kira when she tells you to use pliers! I know things about craft-induced injuries!

    ReplyDelete