10.14.2011

Carrie Bradshaw is my therapist.


I love Carrie Bradshaw. Wait, whats that a shocking statement or anything? She is who I wish I was, down to the shoe addiction. (Even though I really hate shoes...) Carrie (and her friends)  have taught me so much in life. Reruns on Style network remind me of the lessons I have learned.

1. If you have to choose between Vogue and eating, choose Vogue. It feeds your soul.
2. Wearing pearls to bed is completely acceptable.
3. All shoes need homes.
4. Ovens can make good sweater storage. Who are you kidding? You cannot cook.
5. All you need in life is best friends. They can keep you sane while you're going through divorce, cancer, breakups and makeups.
6. Clearly, talking to yourself is healthy.
7. Don't move to Paris with your lovah, I mean, who are you kidding?
8. Being fashion roadkill works for some people.
9. Fake Fendi is easy to spot....wait...or is it?
10. Cosmos are always in style, even if you started the trend, don't jump off the bandwagon.

So did Carrie teach you any life lessons? Who are you most like? Miranda, Sam, Charlotte or Carrie?

2 comments:

  1. Carrie is my favorite, obvi. She makes me realize it's OK to complete f*** up... we all do. We're human. And you can always count on your friends to be there for you, as long as you make the same effort to be there for them.

    My favorite beyond favorite quote by Miss Bradshaw...

    “Later that day I got to thinking about relationships. There are those that open you up to something new and exotic, those that are old and familiar, those that bring up lots of questions, those that bring you somewhere unexpected, those that bring you far from where you started, and those that bring you back. But the most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you can find someone to love the you you love, well, that's just fabulous.”
    ~Sex and the City

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think im a cross between carrie and charlotte.. I love watching the reruns on style! :)

    I think i learned from charlotte dont give up if you are patient you can get your happy ever after.. (she found true love and had not only 1 but 2 kiddos!) :D

    ReplyDelete