8.14.2011

That one time I {ALMOST} spray tanned


I started a new job on Thursday as a receptionist at a high end, funky salon. It was a typical day of training, where you learn about the services and computer system.
Normal day.

Fast forward to Friday. I was learning more about services.
This is when I was asked by my new boss if I would like a spray tan... (to learn about it and experience it) I said yes. During one of my breaks, I went up to the spray tan room and stripped down. If you have ever spray tanned, you know that you strip down to almost nothing. So here I was, standing in a paper thong and a towel over my chest. In front of my boss. On the second day of my new job. It gets better.

The spray bottle that they use to spray on the tan was malfunctioning. So, she tried 3 different bottles on me, while I stand pretty much naked waiting to be a golden bronze. The spray tanner was broken. But she wasn't sure...so she called in a fellow coworker who used the system. (I am still pretty much naked.) Needless to say, I didn't get bronze and I think I now am initiated into the salon.

4 comments:

  1. Hehehe, that's an odd second day of a new job, lol! I know (almost) all about body tans because my sister used to compete in body fitness.
    I'm here from ftlob, love the title of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Over from Comment Love Day :)
    This story made me laugh. Maybe it's just as well you didn't get a spray tan if the machine was malfunctioning, who knows what might have happened!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness! i might have run away and never turned back...sounds like you took it pretty well, though. you have a great sense of humor :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, this could be its own Friends episode, I think!

    ReplyDelete