8.04.2011



hernewleaf asks: I have a makeup question for you, expert. I'm a blonde and I have the shortest, sparsest, most transparent eyelashes of anyone I've ever met. I desperately need to wear mascara but I have never found a mascara I can wear without looking like a freak because it literally slides off onto my face. I've tried everything - waterproof, long-wear, even expensive Clinique and the same thing happens every time. Any tips or suggestions??

A: I would try a mascara called Gold Rose Perfect Multivitamin Mascara in transparent. I have heard (through gurus and reviews) that it does what black and brown mascaras would do. It also brightens eyes and makes your eyes look very natural. Because your eyelashes are sparse, I thought this highly nourishing mascara would help with growth.

Jessica asks: You had me at lace trim bike shorts. Now, where can we buy those?? ;)

A: I know that Jessica was joking, but I actually own a couple pair of lace trim bike shorts and I wear them under short dresses. If you go to H&M they have lace trim bike shorts.

Everyone asked: What is Birchbox?

A:
Birchbox is a monthly subscription that comes in the mail (much like a magazine) that has deluxe sized samples. Some samples that can come are: NARS, Laura Geller, Korres, Benefit and Redken. It only costs $10.00 a month and comes by the 15th of the month. I definitely recommend trying it.

mommyspice asks: What are your favorite parts of SF?

A: While living there I really enjoyed going to:
  • Haight Street and checking out all the shops.
  • Baker Beach to catch some sun. 
  • Cheesecake Factory in Macy's which overlooks Union Square. 
  • Grace Cathedral on Nob Hill (with the Labyrinth)
  • Eddie Rickenbacker's in SOMA. They had a cat in there!! (Sooo unsanitary but sooo cute!)
  • Pearl's Deluxe Burgers on Post and Sudachi Sushi on Sutter. 
  • And I know, even though its a tourist trap, I love the Piers. All of them. 

So did you enjoy this new feature on the blog? Should I do it again? 

7 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the quick and thorough response!! I will definitely check out that mascara - you can't beat $8! I would have never thought of transparent but it makes sense since browns and blacks look so funky on me. I'll definitely let you know how it goes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I would love for you to do this again! I have about a bajillion questions I would like to ask someone who actually knows what products are out there and what to do with them! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun Q&A! I've been wanting to join Birchbox for awhile now. I just love getting things in the mail, especially beauty products! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Stopping by from Comment Love on FTLOB! Love your blog! San Francisco is great! My sister lives there! I love visiting and going to Giants games =) Happy 1 year anniversary to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Popping over from FTLOB and so glad I did. I love your recommendations and am going now to check out the mascara. How fun! Thanks for seeing beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great blog! Found you via ftlob comment hop. Can I just say, there is NOTHING wrong with being obsessed with Marc ;) I just wish they would re-release the cotton/rain/grass perfume trio!
    Toni xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the q&a feature! and I love birtchbox, its so fun getting new things in the mail!! I am so glad to have found your blog :)

    xoxo your newest follower

    ReplyDelete