7.07.2011

Camels, Giraffes and Zebras oh my...

This weekend we ended up at this little quaint zoo in Green Bay, Wisconsin. This zoo was a little different than most, because you get to FEED the giraffes. Yeah, the big, tall, blue tongued spotted things. I just about died doing this because it was such a great thing (and something I wanted to do for years). I love giraffes, so of course I was going to feed them. (and spend 10 dollars in food for them...) For a dollar, you got two crackers or two ash leaves. I must say the crackers were easier to feed them because you could break them in smaller pieces. Hodari and Zuri loved me, mostly because I came back twice and spent a little over 10 dollars in treats for them. Best experience by far in my life.  
Hodari, thinking the camera was food. 


This is Hodari, with his "Watchu lookin at?" face. 


Hodari was obviously the bigger one of the two, kept stealin' the crackers. (Blue/black tongue anyone??) It felt like a cow's...actually.


Here is his wifey, Zuri. 


Them together---you can tell the difference of height. 


That was all in all an amazing time. I wish I could have taken them home with me. Such beautiful creatures. 

And then at dinner we ended up at a restaurant that had this guy: 


A CAMEL. Humphrey was his name. Like legit in the backyard. Turns out that the owner of the restaurant also owns a petting zoo, complete with Camel, Zebra, Kangaroo and Arctic Fox.


Srsly. What did you do on your 4th of July weekend? Ever pet a giraffe or camel? Ever RIDE a camel? (I didn't ride him.... thank goodness.)

5 comments:

  1. ahhhh. i love this. thanks for another lovely post. I hope you have an amazing weekend. Would love if you'd check out my latest pick for Fabulous Friday and see who fell at the bottom and top of Fash Boulevard's Fash Fave and Fash Fail of the week. Thanks love. xoxo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, I didn't do anything this dang fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loooove love love giraffes so I adored these photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love giraffes!! Serious! Haha. I am so jealous that you've gotten to feed one! I would love to feed one. But the only zoo I have been to where you could actually feed one was in South Korea, and we are no longer there anymore! And we missed out on the awesome Giraffes... i was overwhelmed with the animal options! haha..

    BTW. Your kitty is super cute!!

    We really didn't do much over the last weekend... I drank too much, if that counts?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Giraffes are spectacular. Camels are great too minus the froth mouth.

    ReplyDelete