4.07.2011

Goodwill Hunting

Remember books like The Boxcar Children, Sweet Valley High and The Babysitters Club from when you were younger? Well, I walked into the mother load of books today at Goodwill! These are the ones I chose:
That's right! Sooo excited to relive my childhood with these beauties!

Sweet Valley High has come out with a new book called Sweet Valley Confidential which got me to thinking about old books like these. Sweet Valley High: Malibu Summer is going to be fabulous! I can tell by the cover. (ha ha)

I am pretty sure we read The Egypt Game in third grade for school, but I think I really loved it... for 99 cents you can't go wrong!

The Boxcar Children was a staple growing up. I read every single Boxcar book. I even wanted to live in a boxcar at one point. This book was my favorite.

Finally. The best series ever. I grew up reading the "Karen" books, Kristy's little sister and then moved on to The Babysitter Club books when I was older. Do you remember how they were written?! I loved reading them because it looked like someone had "wrote" the first part! 
Now that I know that my Goodwill has books like these, omg, its going to be a weekly thing to see if they get new ones! I'm going to need a bigger bookshelf.

Did you read any of these book series? Do you have a favorite one?

3 comments:

  1. Ohhh i love/miss those books!

    Remember this one??? http://kidsblogs.nationalgeographic.com/dogeared/promos/Sideways%20Stories%20from%20Wayside%20School.jpg

    this post reminds me I really need to make a trip to goodwill.

    thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I actually just started recollecting the BSC books. I have quite a few so far, and all it started was with one crazy buy on ebay. :) I never read the Karen series, I started with the BSC... but you should check out the California Diaries if you haven't! Based on Dawn & her pals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to get the new Sweet Valley book!!!

    ReplyDelete