9.19.2010

My weekend: Deep Fried and Barn Animals

Yes, I am a fashionista first, but a farm girl at heart. I grew up with cows, cats, horses and dogs on my grandparents farm. So its only natural for me to go to the County fair every year to relive my past. 
Deep fried foods before I go on my strict diet tomorrow (even though this was Mike's). Funnel Cake, a fair staple.
These were the french fries I missed while I was in San Francisco the most. I asked my brother to send me some via Fed-Ex as a joke. Hubs fries are fresh cut, fresh fried in peanut oil and served in a sno-cone cup. Meanwhile, the other deep friend goodness are cheese curds, totally a Wisconsin food. (AND the reason why we are obese....)
BY FAR my favorite food this weekend. The gyros. As many of you know, I had a wager going with my fiance that I wouldn't make it being a vegetarian. I did succeed a week, but I started feeling really sick-so I went to my doctor and asked questions about vegetarianism. She said that it would be harder for me to do since I have an iron deficiency. I have ate meat, but not as much, but I have to say gyros are probably my favorite food at the fair. The meat used is a mixture of beef and lamb made by a greek man who lives in the area. I took mine with no onion. So. Good. (and healthier than fried foods!) 

We did see animals in between the snacking and shopping. I have a soft spot in my heart for cows.
This gal loved getting scratched. Mike told me this cow which is a brown swiss and my brother Josh told me that it has a higher milk fat content, which makes their milk more expensive! Didn't even know! 
I love babies. Because they are so curious and lovable and lick everything. I swore this one wanted to eat my engagement ring. 
This guy was defying his parents with nose jewelry.
These flowers are my favorite. My grandmother use to have "prize gladiolas" in her garden. One day I hope to get a tattoo of one.


And then just for fun: My crazy brother-total redneck.

4 comments:

  1. MMMMMM those fried cheese curds look TO DIE FOR!!!! I love all that food!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG your photos made my mouth water. Srsly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm, hello there, funnel cake.

    I played with baby cows this weekend, too! And baby goats. So fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures! Oh, and I LOVE FUNNEL CAKE. It's a serious weakness.

    ReplyDelete